Leonie is a qualified sea kayak coach and is excited to also be offering sea kayak guiding and coaching based out of Oban, Argyll. Focusing on small groups and families, your day will be tailored to suit your needs. From a beginners day, to a scenic day/half day trip or an improver’s skills session, we’ve got all of the options right on our doorstep!
Locations are chosen very much based on the weather and what you would like to get out of the day. The coastline around Oban is so varied that it offers us sheltered lochs, exposed coastlines and tidal flows, so we can tailor your experience to suit your needs. Sightings of seals, otters, eagles and other wildlife are also possible!
Circumnavigate the Island of Kerrera or the Isle of Seil, or enjoy a paddle around Castle Stalker and the Lismore islands – there are so many options! Whether you are new to kayaking or would like to push yourself a bit further, I can help you achieve your goals.
All the equipment you will need to enjoy your experience safely is included, I will provide you with recommendations of what to wear and bring with you!
I have been paddling for over 10 years and hold the British Canoeing UKCC Level 2 and BCU 4 star leader. I’m a sea kayak coach with a small amount of open canoe experience! Most of my kayaking years have been spent extensively exploring the coastline of Argyll and the islands, either for fun, or leading groups on day and multi day trips. I’ve also paddled in America and New Zealand.
I love being able to share my knowledge of the area with others, allowing them to safely enjoy the stunning coastline while developing skills and gaining confidence on the water. I have coached at the Midwest Kayak Symposium for many years, and also work for other kayaking companies when required.
When not leading groups, or in the office, I can usually be found on the sea! Either getting back in my kayak for fun, exploring further afield onboard our sailing boat ‘Seal’ or volunteering as a crew member for Oban RNLI Lifeboat. Find out more about Art & Sea here.
If you’d like to find out more or check our availability just get in touch with us at:
email@example.com 07818 861517
If you give us a call and can’t get through, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
You can also book online here but we would suggest getting in touch to check availability first.
Areas Covered By This Statement
i) This statement outlines Art & Sea Sea Kayak Guiding & Coaching policy relating to the usage of information gathered about Art & Sea Sea Kayak Guiding & Coaching’s Customers. This covers information collected by any means of communication between Customers and me. Art & Sea Sea Kayak Guiding and Coaching will not use this information in any way that breaches the Data Protection Act or any other UK legislation covering personal information.
What Information We Collect
i) I collect only the information that I need in order that I can provide you with the Service you have requested.
- Contact information – your name, address, phone and email details necessary to contact you for matters concerning your booking and emergency contact/ land contact in case of an incident.
- Medical information – to allow appropriate trip planning.
- Credit card information – if you choose to pay by credit card over the phone or through the website no details of your card information are retained by me after the payment has been processed.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
- Your information will not be shared with anyone else, except in if an incident occurs where we need to share your details with medical authorities, rescue or coastguard if there is an incident during activity.
Accuracy Of Your Information
- The accuracy of the information that I hold is important for smooth communication between Art & Sea Sea Kayak Guiding and Coaching and its customers. If you believe or suspect that the information I hold may be in error in any way, please contact me.
Security Of Your Information
- All of your information is kept securely.